Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Big Data Engineer Job Description
Big Data Engineers develop, test, and maintain data solutions. Their job is to gather large amounts of data from multiple sources and ensure that downstream users can access the data quickly and efficiently. Essentially, Big Data Engineers ensure the company’s data pipelines are scalable, secure, and able to serve multiple users.
We are looking to hire a talented Big Data Engineer to develop and manage our company’s Big Data solutions. In this role, you will be required to design and implement Big Data tools and frameworks, implement ELT processes, collaborate with development teams, build cloud platforms, and maintain the production system.
To succeed working as a Big Data Engineer you should have in-depth knowledge of Hadoop technologies, excellent project management skills, and high-level problem-solving skills. Suitable Big Data Engineers understand the needs of the company and institutes scalable data solutions for its current and future needs.
Big Data Engineer Responsibilities:
- Meet with managers to determine the company’s Big Data needs.
- Develop Hadoop systems.
- Load disparate data sets and conducting pre-processing services using Hive or Pig.
- Finalise the scope of the system and delivering Big Data solutions.
- Manage the communications between the internal system and the survey vendor.
- Collaborate with the software research and development teams.
- Build cloud platforms for the development of company applications.
- Maintain production systems.
- Train staff on data resource management.
Big Data Engineer Requirements:
- In-depth knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, and similar frameworks.
- Knowledge of scripting languages including Java, C++, Linux, Ruby, PHP, Python, and R.
- Knowledge of NoSQL and RDBMS databases including Redis and MongoDB.
- Familiar with Mesos, AWS, and Docker tools.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to solve complex networking, data, and software issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Previous experience as a Big Data Engineer.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?