Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Bike Courier Job Description
Bike Couriers typically work for courier companies or as independent contractors and are responsible for delivering documents, medical supplies, and various other items to specified locations using bicycles.
We are looking for a reliable Bike Courier to safely deliver various items to specified locations following the delivery instructions provided by our dispatch staff. Working as a Bike Courier your responsibilities will include prioritising important deliveries, notifying dispatch staff of any conditions that may delay or impact deliveries and answering any questions that recipients may have regarding deliveries. We also require you to ensure that packages are not damaged or affected by harsh weather conditions.
To be successful as a Bike Courier, you should be physically fit and adept at managing unforeseen circumstances. Ultimately, an outstanding Bike Courier should be knowledgeable of road safety regulations as well as demonstrate exceptional communication, problem-solving, and time management skills.
Bike Courier Responsibilities:
- Picking up and delivering various packages to specified locations as per the delivery instructions provided by dispatch staff.
- Verifying addresses and locations before each delivery to ensure that there are no errors.
- Carefully planning travel routes to ensure that packages are delivered to recipients in a timely manner.
- Securing packages to prevent damage during transit.
- Obtaining recipients’ signatures upon completion of each delivery to confirm receipt of the correct items.
- Collecting payments as required and ensuring that the correct amounts have been received.
- Maintaining an accurate record of all packages delivered to recipients.
- Regularly communicating with dispatch staff to provide delivery updates and receive instructions for new deliveries.
Bike Courier Requirements:
- Proven experience working as a Bike Courier.
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- The ability to use GPS devices.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good physical stamina and overall fitness.
- Reliable and punctual.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template