1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Bricklayer Job Description
Bricklayers are skilled craftsmen responsible for constructing brickwork by laying bricks using the correct mortar mixture. They are knowledgeable about the different types of bricks available and how to construct or repair walls in accordance with industry standards.
We are recruiting for skilled Bricklayer to be responsible for constructing brickwork for a building. The Bricklayer must be able to read and analyse building plans, check specifications, determine the most accurate layout, and mark guidelines. You should also be able to mix mortar powder, sand, clay, and water correctly to obtain an acceptable consistency.
To succeed as a Bricklayer, you should be detail-oriented and display the necessary knowledge and skill to build walls, houses or other building structures. Ultimately, a good Bricklayer should maintain a high standard of workmanship with safety and precision. The building, when completed, must be admired and appreciated as the work of a craftsman.
- Interpret and understand building plans.
- Determine the materials required.
- Measure distance from reference points.
- Calculate angles and determining the vertical and horizontal alignment of courses.
- Lay bricks using mortar as a binder and a trowel to level.
- Fasten bricks with wire clamps or cement.
- Working safely on scaffolds and swing stages at various heights.
- Use equipment and tools effectively to perform basic construction tasks.
- Minimum of 1 years’ industry experience on a construction site.
- Knowledge of materials, methods and the tools involved in bricklaying and the construction of buildings.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Physically fit and able to stand for long periods.