Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Community Health Worker Job Description
We are searching for a Community Health Worker to provide social and mental health services in the community. Your responsibilities as a Community Health Worker will include communicating with underserved members of the public, including women, children, and migrant workers, to ensure they receive the care and support they need. The ideal candidate will be multilingual and hold a Bachelor’s degree in health education or a related field.
Community Health Worker Responsibilities
- Connect underinsured or uninsured people to the social services, mental health, and medical care they need
- Teach primary health education, such as disease prevention and hygiene best practices
- Interpret or translate information
- Provide social support and counselling as needed
- Support case management efforts
- Offer family planning information and helpful resources
- Enter data to a database
- Collect and provide data to a hospital or healthcare provider when needed
Community Health Worker Requirements
- Foreign language skills a bonus
- Community health certification
- Case management skills
- Knowledge of medical insurance
- Friendly, compassionate, and empathetic personality
- Desire to help the community
- Bachelor’s degree in health education or public health
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?