1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Content Editor Job Description
We are seeking a motivated Content Editor to oversee our content publishing needs in a fast-paced work environment. You will work with a team of writers and designers to develop and curate compelling and engaging content for our audience. Your primary duties will include content strategy, proofreading and editing, analysing readership data, and developing our content strategy.
To succeed in this role, you will have experience in developing and editing content, as well as excellent communication and organizational skills. A Bachelor’s Degree in English or a related field is a must.
Content Editor Responsibilities:
- Proofread and edit spelling, grammar, and syntax.
- Ensure that content meets the company or client’s needs, and follows our in-house style guide.
- Organize, modify and update existing content.
- Verify content and information.
- Supervise a team of writers and coordinate with freelance contributors.
- Work with the graphic design team to ensure a user-friendly experience.
- Collaborate with co-workers and come up with fresh, creative content ideas, keeping our audience in mind.
- Manage a busy workload according to deadline.
- Analyse data and analytics, and seek to increase reader engagement and retention.
- Knowledge of SEO and industry best practices.
- Represent the organization at launches, meetings, and press events.
Content Editor Requirements:
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Writing, copy editing, and proofreading experience.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Proficient in desktop publishing software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Social Media platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English or related field.