Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Industrial Hygienist Job Description
We are searching for a thorough, committed Industrial Hygienist to ensure our employees’ occupational health. As our Industrial Hygienist you will assist leadership to resolve health issues by identifying risks and by implementing policies and programs to mitigate these. We require you to will conduct training and presentations to ensure employee awareness of occupational health developments, lead biological monitoring programs, effect corrective actions and halt operations where necessary.
To succeed, you need to view your position as a calling. Suitable candidates will be knowledgeable and have the ability to make judicious decisions.
Industrial Hygienist Responsibilities:
- Advise and collaborate with management to resolve occupational health issues.
- Create and execute studies to monitor and assess employees’ exposure to health risks.
- Measure effectiveness of occupational health programs, policies and procedures.
- Oversee biological monitoring programs.
- Assess and analyse research data, summarizing statistics and compiling reports.
- Propose and lead implementation of programs to protect employee health and implementing ergonomics.
- Conduct regular audits of programs.
- Ensure employee awareness of occupational health and safety concerns, programs and regulations by conducting training and presentations.
- Implement corrective actions and suspending operations if required.
- Advise various parties on workers’ compensation claims pertaining to workplace exposures.
- Maintain current knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation.
Industrial Hygienist Requirements:
- 3+ years work experience in similar role.
- Proficient knowledge of relevant laws, policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Outstanding people skills.
- Proficient organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related field.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?