Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Manual Machinist Job Description
We wish to recruit a skilled Manual Machinist to join our organisation. In this role, you will help create tools and other components by utilising various equipment, such as a lathe, a drill press, and grinding machines. Our ideal candidate has completed a relevant training programme via an industry apprenticeship or possesses a machinist certificate and has at least one year of experience in manufacturing. Prior roles as a lathe operator or in another manual machining position are a plus.
Manual Machinist Responsibilities
- Read plans to determine the equipment and materials are necessary for the job
- Follow the plans to create the appropriate tools and components
- Inspect and maintain equipment to keep them in good working order
- Operate your machines to grind, cut, and polish the materials
- Finish projects using manual tools
Manual Machinist Requirements
- Machinist vocational certificate or completed apprenticeship
- Manual dexterity
- Blueprint reading skills
- Lathe machining experience
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?