Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Mechanical Design Engineer Job Description
We are looking for a motivated Mechanical Design Engineer to join our company. As part of our design team, you are the primary manager of multiple mechanical design projects, including improvement of existing designs. You collaborate with a team of engineer subject matter experts, reporting to departmental management and stakeholders to determine project roadmaps. This is a specialised position within our organisation, and our ideal candidate has prior professional experience as a design engineer, preferably in a role related to manufacturing processes.
Mechanical Design Engineer Responsibilities
- Take primary ownership of multiple design projects, managing workflow and monitoring progress
- Present progress and project challenges during all-hands meetings
- Test designs and prototypes to ensure desired functionality
- Collaborate with leadership and key stakeholders to ensure designs help further business objectives
Mechanical Design Engineer Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering required; master’s degree preferred
- Experience with 3D modelling and design software
- Expert-level skills with AutoCAD and other draughting platforms
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Prior professional experience as a mechanical engineer, particularly as related to manufacturing preferred
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?