Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Quantity Surveyor Job Description
We are recruiting for a hard-working Quantity Surveyor to join our capable team of professionals. The Quantity Surveyor will be tasked with analysing existing budgets and making improvements, reviewing plans and preparing quantity estimates, negotiating with various contractors and vendors, as well as building relationships with clients and site managers.
To succeed as a Quantity Surveyor, you should have a methodical approach and strong communication and interpersonal skills. Outstanding Quantity Surveyors are not only great at analysing costs, but they also know how to read people and tailor their negotiation strategies to ensure the best possible outcome.
Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Review construction plans and preparing quantity requirements.
- Scrutinise maintenance and material costs.
- Manage contracts to ensure the best deals.
- Liaise with site managers, clients, contractors and subcontractors.
- Prepare reports, analyses, contracts, budgets, risk assessment, and other documents.
- Advise managers and clients on improvements and new strategies.
- Keep track of materials and ordering more when required.
- Document any changes in design and updating budgets.
- Establish and maintaining professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
Quantity Surveyor Requirements:
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Sound knowledge of construction.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organise, plan, and strategise.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Great networking abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Management, or similar.
- Construction estimating or finance experienced is advantageous.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?