Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Supply Chain Manager Job Description
We are recruiting for a Supply Chain Manager and we expect this person to play a pivotal role in the logistics planning process for our company. We expect this person to help us identify problems as they develop, manufacture, store, and ship products. This person must be able to create strategies by analysing information and processes and present their findings.
The Supply Chain Manager impacts all aspects of the manufacturing process and with this in mind all candidates should be strong communicators who love to work with others.
We expect this person to understand accounting, legal documents, and to build lasting relationships as they increase efficiency and focus on warehouse optimization.
Supply Chain Manager Responsibilities:
- Assist logistics process for the development of new products, inventory maintenance, manufacturing, shipment and delivery, and returns on products.
- Keep detailed records, generate reports, and develop presentations to help management understand the logistics perspective.
- Build relationships within the company and with external parties, such as suppliers or distributors.
- Read and comprehend legal documents, such as contracts or import/export agreements.
- Understanding of principles of accounting and finance.
- Collaborate with others from diverse backgrounds in order to identify problems and find solutions.
Supply Chain Manager Requirements:
- Ability to manage logistics of all aspects of supply chain, from product development to the shipment of finished items.
- Understanding of accounting or finance.
- Must be able to comprehend legal documents.
- Strong communication skills and the desire to build lasting relationships with people all over the world.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- May require experience in a related field.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template