Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Switchboard Operator Job Description
We are seeking a Switchboard Operator to answer and redirect a high volume of calls. In this role, you will typically be the first point of contact that an outside caller has with our organisation, so it’s essential for you to be professional and helpful at all times. You will also need to perform some receptionist and data entry duties, such as checking in guests for appointments or registering patients upon arrival. Our ideal candidate has excellent phone skills and can stay calm in various situations to deal with requests or issues. It’s also beneficial to have experience in a customer service-oriented role.
Switchboard Operator Responsibilities
- Answer phones and direct calls appropriately
- Keep a detailed record of call information
- Perform data entry tasks
- Fulfill various receptionist duties as needed
Switchboard Operator Requirements
- Experience in a customer service role (preferred)
- Excellent phone skills
- Superb communication and listening skills
- Computer proficiency
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template