1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Tax Preparer Job Description
We are recruiting for a driven Tax Preparer to ensure that clients’ tax documents are prepared and filed on time. The Tax Preparer’s responsibilities include developing solutions for potential tax issues, keeping abreast of new developments in tax legislation, and informing staff of new legislative developments. You should also be able to advise clients on tax planning, tax research, and tax compliance.
To succeed you should be able to manage multiple projects efficiently. Ultimately, an outstanding Tax Preparer should be able to identify opportunities to grow the company’s client base.
Tax Preparer Responsibilities:
- Accurately preparing and filing tax returns in a timely manner.
- Identifying tax problems and developing solutions.
- Develop tax strategies to assist clients in being tax-compliant.
- Complete responses and schedules in preparation for income tax audits.
- Monitor developments in tax legislation.
- Review tax returns.
- Inform management and staff of developments in tax legislation.
- Supervise members of the tax team to ensure that tax returns are completed correctly.
- Build and maintaining relationships with clients.
Tax Preparer Requirements:
- Proven experience as a tax manager, public accountant or similar role.
- The ability to work with different taxation software.
- Extensive knowledge of tax legislation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Sound problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Taxation, Finance, Business or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license.