Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Tax Preparer Job Description
We are recruiting for a driven Tax Preparer to ensure that clients’ tax documents are prepared and filed on time. The Tax Preparer’s responsibilities include developing solutions for potential tax issues, keeping abreast of new developments in tax legislation, and informing staff of new legislative developments. You should also be able to advise clients on tax planning, tax research, and tax compliance.
To succeed you should be able to manage multiple projects efficiently. Ultimately, an outstanding Tax Preparer should be able to identify opportunities to grow the company’s client base.
Tax Preparer Responsibilities:
- Accurately preparing and filing tax returns in a timely manner.
- Identifying tax problems and developing solutions.
- Develop tax strategies to assist clients in being tax-compliant.
- Complete responses and schedules in preparation for income tax audits.
- Monitor developments in tax legislation.
- Review tax returns.
- Inform management and staff of developments in tax legislation.
- Supervise members of the tax team to ensure that tax returns are completed correctly.
- Build and maintaining relationships with clients.
Tax Preparer Requirements:
- Proven experience as a tax manager, public accountant or similar role.
- The ability to work with different taxation software.
- Extensive knowledge of tax legislation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Sound problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Taxation, Finance, Business or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template