Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Travel Consultant Job Description
We are looking for a Travel Consultant to advise on and plan business and holiday itineraries. Working as our Travel Consultant you will meet with clients to determine their needs and then select the most appropriate options given time and budget constraints. You should help further by informing clients of cancellation procedures and any applicable penalties.
To deliver success as our Travel Consultant, you should plan arrangements in accordance with clients’ mobility and medical requirements. Suitable Travel Consultants will monitor and tend to all queries within short turnaround times.
Travel Consultant Responsibilities:
- Respond to inquiries about our company’s services and offerings.
- Determine each client’s requirements, including destinations, length of stay, and transit time.
- Ensure that clients pay the deposit.
- Inform clients about the cancellation policy, including salient dates and all penalties.
- Ascertain and adhere to the available budget.
- Select the most appropriate transport based on the available finances, requisite departure and arrival times, and preferred duration of transit.
- Secure accommodation that is best suited to the budget and location of choice.
- Plan excursions based on each client’s needs and interests.
- Account for mobility and medical needs during each phase of the trip planning process.
Travel Consultant Requirements:
- Demonstrable experience as a Travel Consultant, with expertise in local and international travel arrangements.
- Computer literate, with exceptional desktop research and professional writing skills.
- Passionate about your work.
- Strong communicator, respect, and empathy personality traits.
- Ability to source the best quotes.
- A knack for delivering multiple outputs within tight turnaround times, as needed.
- Capacity to deliver commendable services that surpass clients’ expectations.
- Qualification in Tourism or similar.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template