If you’re a recruiter or sourcer, do you often find yourself starting your day early or staying up late to coordinate interview scheduling, pull together spreadsheets and reports, or search for tools that can improve your sourcing effectiveness? If you’re a talent acuisition leader or recruiting manager, are you looking to speed up your candidate sourcing and recruiting process while improving your quality of hire?
You’re not alone! These are common and very real challenges sources, recruiters and talent leaders face every day. And that’s why our team has decided to share some of our favorite tools and Chrome extensions that we personally use and recommend to our clients to help optimize their recruiting and sourcing efforts.
These 14 tools will help accelerate your hiring process, improve your productivity and give you more time back, so you can focus on tasks that deliver real strategic value
- Anymail finder lets you find the email address of anyone at any company with just one click! When using the extension with LinkedIn, it automatically searches for a candidate’s contact information when you browse their profile. No more typing!
- Discover.ly shows you a contact’s information from social networks as you browse them in your Gmail inbox. With the extension, you can also see any mutual Facebook friends and recent tweets on their LinkedIn profiles. On their Facebook profiles, you can see their work experience on LinkedIn as well as recent tweets and mutual connections. Who says Gmail, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter can’t be friends?
- Entelo is a tech sourcer and recruiter’s best friend. The extension lets you view a candidate’s complete Entelo profile and presence on the web, make notes, add to your lists and email them, right from the sidebar. The “More Likely To Move” feature also shows you how open candidates are to new opportunities so you don’t waste time and resources on the wrong candidates.
- Prophet gives you the power to uncover emails, phone numbers and other information you can find on the web about candidates with their Twitter or Facebook account. But what makes Prophet so great is that it goes one step further with its advanced email generation and verification technology to ensure that a candidate’s generated email is correct and deliverable.
- Rapportive shows you everything about your contacts inside your inbox, including their current job, company, LinkedIn profile, recent tweets, and even shared interests and connections to help you establish rapport.
- 360social offers real-time search from over 140 social networks to help you find and connect with potential candidates in seconds. The extension searches and combines all social profiles to show you rich data on a candidate, without leaving the site you’re on.
- Aevy works on any sites across the web to let you search, find and instantly connect with candidates via their email addresses. Aevy also tracks any previous email interactions your team has with candidates so you don’t reach out to the same candidate twice.
- MixMax is a fantastic productivity and email management extension for those working in Gmail or Google Inbox. MixMax allows you to schedule emails and track who and when people have opened your message. Its one-click meeting scheduling feature is great for booking candidate interviews in just one email, so there’s no more back and forth messages or double bookings! There are other awesome features you can use like templates, document and video embedding and so much more.
- Evernote is great for recruiters and sourcers who do not have an ATS. It’s a tool you can use to pull LinkedIn profiles in as you interview candidates and take notes. Your notes are searchable with tags and keywords, and you can share and collaborate with your team on your notes. And with the Evernote Web Clipper extension, just one click and it can directly load a LinkedIn profile you’re viewing into your folder in Evernote, so you don’t have to do the time-consuming copying and pasting work anymore.
- Youcanbook.me allows you to create and embed your meeting booking page on a website to allow people to directly schedule time with you. The tool also automatically sends people a confirmation email when they make a booking and creates an event for it on your Google calendar.
- Clearbit Connect lets you find any employee email at any company with just a few clicks, all within your Gmail compose window. The extension also shows you contextual data when someone emails you, so you know exactly who you’re talking to, including their role and company information (company type, number of employees and funds raised).
- Falcon gives you the ability to gain access to anyone’s contact details by hovering over their names or emails from your inbox or social media networks like GitHub, Twitter, Quora and AngelList.
- Conspire helps you find the best paths to reach the candidates you’re wanting to connect with on LinkedIn, Gmail and AngelList. The tool shows you the relationship strength between your connections and candidates so you can identify the best contacts to give you the warm introductions you need to get a response.
- Feedly is my favourite content aggregation and curation tool. You can use it to find, organize, read and share content that is relevant to your audience. I can’t stress how important it is for recruiters and sourcers to maintain a social media presence.