Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Academic Coach Job Description
Academic Coaches collaborate with college students and help them develop and achieve academic and career goals by helping them cultivate good study habits, preparing them for college admissions, financial responsibilities, and exams, and evaluating student progress.
We actively looking for candidates with a passion to help students achieve success in secondary school, college or in their careers. Working as an Academic Coach you will help students develop the skills they will need to be successful in secondary school, college and beyond. You must act as a resource, assist students as they prepare for and apply to colleges or careers. We expect you to help students understand the college admissions process and financial aid options. They may also aid students as they prepare for exams or connect them with other resources, such as counselors or special education services.
To succeed as an Academic Coach, candidates should be invested in the success of their students and have a thorough understanding of developmental processes, post-secondary education admissions, and financial aid practices, and student resources. Academic Coaches will also need to be analytical, collaborative, and possess the desire to motivate students. Strong computer and communication skills are a must.
Academic Coach Responsibilities:
- Build rapport with students.
- Help students identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Assist students with setting their academic and career goals.
- Develop student habits and other skills to ensure their success.
- Analyse data and tracking student progress towards goals.
- Connecting students with other resources, as needed.
Academic Coach Requirements:
- A desire to help students succeed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to collaborate and build rapport with students.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with college admissions processes, financial aid, and student resources.
- Ability to motivate students as they transition from high school to college to career.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template