1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Accounting Officer Job Description
An Accounting Officer handles the financial record keeping of an organisation. Accounting Officers prepare invoices, record payments, and manage the expenses of the organisation.
We are recruiting for an Accounting Officer to manage the financial bookkeeping of our business. The responsibilities of an Accounting Officer include analysing all financial activities, ensuring compliance with accounting and legal requirements, and preparing budgets.
To succeed as an Accounting Officer, you should have a degree in Accounting, knowledge of accounting competencies, and administration skills. Ultimately, a high-quality Accounting Officer should be able to successfully contribute to the organisation’s financial efficiency, while maintaining records of expenditure and profits accurately.
Accounting Officer Responsibilities:
- Maintain and review financial records.
- Ensure compliance with accounting and tax laws.
- Prepare budgets regularly.
- Monitor expenditure and profits and providing reports.
- Evaluate internal management systems, procedures and risks in order to provide recommendations.
- Managing business accounts and preparing financial statements.
Accounting Officer Requirements:
- Previous working experience as an Accounting Officer.
- Knowledge and competency in accounting principles.
- Proficiency in management systems.
- Administration skills.
- Sound interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other accounting software.
- A degree in Accounting or similar.