Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Account Collector Job Description
An Account Collector recovers overdue payments on accounts. Account Collector s track debtors down by phone, digitally or mail and assist them to make payments by negotiating repayment plans and encouraging them to find alternative payment solutions. Also known as a Collections Agent or Collections Specialist.
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic Account Collector to recover late payments on our accounts. The Account Collector will review clients’ accounts in our database, and interview them to establish their financial resources. Based on this the Account Collector will establish their ability to pay debts. You will ask clients probing questions over the phone to better understand payment objections and use your ability to multitask by typing notes simultaneously.
To ensure success you need to be up to date with all laws, regulations, policies and procedures pertaining to the collections industry, and approach clients with tact. Top candidates will be articulate and have strong critical-thinking and listening skills.
Account Collector Responsibilities:
- Interview clients telephonically to establish their ability to pay the debt.
- Overcome stall tactics and objections and suggesting sources of money for debt payments.
- Encourage clients to utilise payment options such as credit cards and securing information for administrative services to process.
- Ensure requests are processed correctly.
- Negotiate settlements by arranging clients’ payments over a longer time span.
- Confirm clients’ information and payment agreements.
- Inform management regarding the effectiveness of strategies for various accounts.
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
Account Collector Requirements:
- Previous work experience collections or a phone-based job.
- Good customer service skills
- Several years telemarketing experience preferred.
- Good knowledge of collection processes.
- Excellent verbal communication, negotiation and people skills.
- Outstanding phone etiquette.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Great Interpersonal skills.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?