Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Accounting Coordinator Job Description
We are recruiting for a highly skilled, detail focussed Accounting Coordinator who is excellent at multitasking. You will act as point of contact between the different parts of the accounting department, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and external parties, such as vendors, clients, or lenders. They may handle bookkeeping, assist in preparing financial reports, taxes, and audits, and resolving discrepancies. You should be analytical, collaborative, and trustworthy.
To succeed in this position you should possess a strong understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting. You should be ethical, thorough, and attentive with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Accounting Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Working with other colleagues to compile, analyse, and report financial data.
- Making journal or ledger entries.
- Preparing weekly, monthly, and yearly financial reports and budgets.
- Assisting with tax preparation, audits, and identifying and resolving discrepancies.
- Act as a point of contact between internal departments and accounting, serving as a liaison between accounting and external parties, including clients, suppliers, and lenders.
- Using bookkeeping software and entering information into company files or databases, ensuring that all financial records are complete and accurate.
- Ensuring that company bills are paid, and debts are collected.
- Implementing and enforcing financial and inventory controls.
Accounting Coordinator Requirements:
- Experience in bookkeeping, management, or relevant field is required.
- CPA certification may receive preference.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, time management, problem-solving, and math skills.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting and legislation.
- Proficiency with computers, especially bookkeeping software, strong typing skills.
- High level of accountability, accuracy, and efficiency, especially when multitasking.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or related field.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template