Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Accounting Intern Job Description
Accounting Interns help companies perform research, prepare financial reports, and assist with reconciling accounts and other duties, as needed.
We are hiring a driven Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Working under the supervision of our staff, our Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyse actual financial data, learn more about bookkeeping software, and assist with other accounting activities. We expect you to be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
To succeed as an Accounting Internship, you should possess an understanding of accounting and financial principles and a positive attitude. You should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
Accounting Intern Responsibilities:
- Shadow members of the Accounting department as they perform their duties.
- Assist with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Prepare financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
- Work with bookkeeping software.
- Handle sensitive information with honesty and integrity.
- Learn how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyse data, track information, and support the company or clients.
- Take on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
Accounting Intern Requirements:
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
- Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Accounting Job Descriptions
- Accounting Roles and Responsibilities
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Bar And Restaurant Job Descriptions