1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Accounting Manager Job Description
We are recruiting for an Accounting Manager who can manage and motivate accounting staff members and increase department accuracy and efficiency. You will delegate, supervise and participate in accounting department tasks. You will be expected to oversee the recording, tracking, and reporting of financial information, hire, train, and motivate accounting staff members, develop and implement department controls and procedures, and ensure that the department operates efficiently without sacrificing accuracy.
To succeed you should be analytical, detail-oriented, and honest. The ideal person should possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills as well as a strong understanding of accounting and management principles and financial legislation
Accounting Manager Responsibilities:
- Hiring, training, and motivating accounting staff members while supervising and delegating department tasks.
- Evaluating, developing, and improving department controls, systems, and procedures increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Overseeing the daily activities of the accounting department and ensuring that all major projects, month-end, and year-end reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensuring that all accounting processes align with GAAP and current financial legislation.
- Analysing financial data and creating reports for management, stakeholders, and external parties, such as vendors or lenders.
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial records and participating in audits or reconciliations, as needed.
- Assisting other departments as they develop strategies, establish objectives, and make decisions which could have a financial impact on the business.
- Keeping informed about the latest developments in the finance industry.
Accounting Manager Requirements:
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Experience in Management, Accounting, or a related field may be preferred.
- Strong understanding of accounting, finance, and management principles.
- Exceptional math skills.
- Proficiency with computers, especially bookkeeping software and MS Office.
- High level of efficiency and accuracy.
- Willingness to comply with all local, state, federal, and company regulations.
- Attention to detail and the ability to analyse large amounts of data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.