Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Accounting Supervisor Job Description
We are recruiting for a detail-oriented and experienced Accounting Supervisor to oversee, manage and coordinate the daily operations of the accounting department. You will be responsible include recruiting and training accounting staff, assisting in the preparation of payroll records, and instituting disciplinary measures against poorly performing employees. You should also be able to keep abreast of the latest developments in accounting technologies and software to streamline accounting processes.
To succeed as an Accounting Supervisor, you should be able to process large amounts of numerical data and have strong leadership skills. Ultimately, you need to have sound knowledge of accounting principles and practices, and demonstrate excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Accounting Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Assisting staff members in the preparation of monthly and quarterly accounting reports.
- Analysing financial statements to ensure accuracy and compliance with generally accepted accounting practices.
- Providing regular updates to management regarding company finances.
- Identifying potential cash flow problems and financial irregularities.
- Liaising with department heads to ensure that each department remains within budget.
- Accurately preparing tax returns and ensuring that company taxes are paid in a timely manner.
- Performing reconciliations of general ledger accounts.
- Ensuring that the company maintains compliance with accounting legislation.
- Supervising and providing overall guidance to account clerks as well as junior accounting staff.
Accounting Supervisor Requirements:
- Proven experience working as an Accounting Supervisor.
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- The ability to process large amounts of numerical data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and accounting software.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) accreditation.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?