1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Accounts Payable Manager Job Description
We are recruiting for a motivated Accounts Payable Manager to increase department accuracy and efficiency and provide strong leadership. You will that the department operates smoothly, maintain accurate and complete records regarding payments to suppliers, lenders, and employees, process payments from clients, and hire, train, and support Accounts Payable staff members.
You will also work as a liaison between the Accounts Payable department and external parties, including lenders, suppliers, and government agencies.
To succeed as an Accounts Payable Manager, you should focus on optimising department processes and building lasting relationship with others within and outside of the business. You must be knowledgeable, analytical, and decisive with excellent leadership and communication skills.
Accounts Payable Manager Responsibilities:
- Hiring, training, motivating, and evaluating Accounts Payable staff members.
- Overseeing routine department activities, such as disbursing checks and processing payroll, to ensure that they are completed accurately and on time.
- Building and maintaining relationships with employees, clients, vendors, and lenders.
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial, employee, and client records.
- Compiling, analysing, and reporting financial information to management and government agencies.
- Setting and facilitating the achievement of department objectives.
- Developing, implementing, improving, and enforcing budgets, policies, and department controls to increase accuracy and efficiency.
Accounts Payable Manager Requirements:
- Experience may be required or preferred, particularly in a leadership role.
- Extensive knowledge about accounting and management principles and Accounts Payable procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with computers, especially business solutions and bookkeeping software.
- Strong planning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyse information and processes.
- Motivation to develop and maintain internal and external relationships.
- Commitment to ethical behaviour with a willingness to adhere to all company policies and current financial legislation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, or related field.