1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Accounts Receivable Job Description
Accounts Receivable workers generate revenue for companies by ensuring that clients are properly billed for goods or services and working with other departments to ensure that the correct amounts are collected in a timely manner. They verify and record transactions, resolve account errors and do other jobs to secure payments from clients.
We are hiring an Accounts Receivable Professional to assist the department as it receives, processes and collects on goods sold or services rendered. Working as the Accounts Receivable person you will work closely with internal departments to ensure that accounts are properly billed and that payments are collected on time. We expect you review account information, correct discrepancies and speak to clients to establish better payment terms.
To succeed in the role of Accounts Receivable Professional, you should be a skilled and thorough researcher with excellent communication and record keeping skills. You should be detail-oriented, organised and self-motivated with strong math and computer skills.
Accounts Receivable Responsibilities:
- Process, verify and postreceipts for goods sold or services rendered.
- Research and resolve account discrepancies.
- Process and record transactions
- Maintain records regarding payments and account statuses.
- Obtain information from other departments to ensure records are accurate and complete and that accounts receivable ledgers and journals are up to date.
- Work with the collections department to review accounts and client payment and credit history to develop new or better repayment terms.
- Perform administrative and clerical tasks, such as data entry, preparing invoices, sending bill reminders, filing paperwork, and contacting clients to discuss their accounts.
- Engage in ongoing educational opportunities to update job knowledge.
- Generate reports and statements for internal use.
Accounts Receivable Requirements:
- Strong mathematics, typing, and computer skill, especially with bookkeeping software.
- Excellent communication, research, problem solving, and time management skills.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to build relationships with clients and internal departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.