Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Adjunct Professor Job Description
Adjunct Professors are part-time Professors who have been employed on a contractual basis. They develop syllabi and teach classes much as tenured Professors would. Adjunct professors have fewer university responsibilities than full-time Professors and they spend most of their time preparing lessons and engaging with students.
We are looking for an Adjunct Professor to join our institution. Working as our Adjunct Professor your responsibilities will include reviewing and improving syllabi, understanding students’ needs, developing engaging lesson plans and ensuring the relevant learning resources are available. You should also be able to evaluate student performance and address any issues promptly.
To succeed as an Adjunct Professor, you should prepare assessments that enrich and challenge students. Outstanding Adjunct Professors are able to teach and foster relationships with students from different cultural and economic backgrounds.
Adjunct Professor Responsibilities:
- Develop, delivering, and reviewing course material and syllabi.
- Create a classroom environment where students feel comfortable participating and learning.
- Set up assessments based on departmental regulations and requirements.
- Prepare students for assessments and providing helpful performance feedback.
- Provide extra support to students who require it and scheduling consultation times where questions and concerns can be voiced.
- Answer students’ questions and providing feedback on assignments or essay drafts.
- Assist other faculty members with lesson plans and assessments.
- Recommend additional readings or advice to students as required.
- Keeping up to date with advancements in the field and integrating new knowledge into lessons.
Adjunct Professor Requirements:
- Proof of attendance and participation in conferences is recommended.
- Published papers or research articles would be a plus.
- Superb interpersonal, observational, and communication skills.
- Patience, understanding, and empathy.
- Good analytical and organisational skills.
- A Master’s or Ph.D. in the relevant academic field.
- Experience as a university TA or similar.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?