Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Administrative Assistant Job Description
Administrative Assistants provide support to managers, other employees, and office visitors by handling a variety of tasks in order to ensure that all interactions between the organisation and others are positive and productive.
We are recruiting for an excellent communicator to work as an Administrative Assistant. Candidates should be able to assist management and all visitors to the company by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, making reservations or travel arrangements, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
To succeed as an Administrative Assistant, you should be professional, polite and attentive. You should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. Administrative Assistants must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. Importantly, Administrative Assistants should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Handle office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Provide real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- Make travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- Screen phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
- Use computers to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations, and conduct research.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
Administrative Assistant Requirements:
- Prior administrative experience.
- Excellent computer skills, especially typing.
- Attention to detail.
- Multilingual may be preferred or required.
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
- Associate’s Degree in a related field.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?