Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Administrative Officer Job Description
Administrative Officers provide administrative and clerical support to companies and organisations. Task include answering telephone calls, schedule meetings, prepare reports, and file documents.
We are recruiting for an organised Administrative Officer to perform all administrative and clerical duties necessary for effective office management. As Administrative Officer responsibilities include welcoming visitors and clients, overseeing the activities of office cleaning staff and maintenance vendors, as well as typing and proofreading various company documents. You should also be able to organise flights, transportation, and accommodation for company executives.
To succeed as an Administrative Officer, you should display good phone etiquette and a thorough understanding of office management procedures. Ultimately, a high performing Administrative Officer should be able to demonstrate exceptional organisational and time management skills to complete all duties in a timely manner.
Administrative Officer Responsibilities:
- Answer telephone calls, responding to queries, and replying to emails.
- Prepare expense reports and office budgets.
- Manage office supplies and ordering new supplies as needed.
- File important company documents.
- Forward all correspondence, such as letters and packages, to staff members.
- Schedule meetings and booking conference rooms.
- Hire maintenance vendors to repair or replace damaged office equipment.
- Assist the HR department with job postings and interviews.
Administrative Officer Requirements:
- Proven experience working in an office environment.
- Working knowledge of business management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- The ability to multitask.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Business Management is advantageous.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template