Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Administrative Secretary Job Description
Administrative Secretaries perform administrative and secretarial duties in office environments. Their responsibilities include reporting to management, drafting documents and entering data, and scheduling appointments. They may work at government or educational institutions or incorporate, legal, or medical departments.
We are recruiting for a capable Administrative Secretary to assist us with office administration. In this position, you will be responsible for processing documents, maintaining databases, and liaising with the public. You may also be required to manage office supplies.
To succeed as an Administrative Secretary, you should possess excellent communication skills and demonstrable experience in a secretarial role. Outstanding Administrative Secretaries are highly organised in performing a wide array of administrative duties.
Administrative Secretary Responsibilities:
- Report to management and perform secretarial duties.
- Type, edit and format reports and documents.
- File documents, as well as entering data and maintaining databases.
- Liaise with internal departments and communicating with the public.
- Direct internal and external calls, emails, and faxes to designated departments.
- Arrange and schedule appointments, meetings, and events.
- Monitor office supplies and ordering replacements.
- Assist with copying, scanning, faxing, emailing, note-taking, and travel bookings.
- Prepare facilities and arranging refreshments for events, if required.
- Observe best business practices and etiquette.
Administrative Secretary Requirements:
- 1-2 years of experience as an Administrative Secretary would be advantageous.
- Advanced proficiency in managing documents, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to liaise internally and externally on administrative matters.
- Exceptional filing, recordkeeping, and organisational skills.
- Working knowledge of printers, copiers, scanners, and fax machines.
- Proficiency in appointments scheduling and call forwarding systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Formal qualification in office administration, secretarial work, or related training
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template