Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Admissions Director Job Description
Admissions Directors establish, reevaluate, promote, and execute the admissions process for colleges, universities and other educational institutions.
We are recruiting for a decisive, driven Admissions Director to lead our admissions department as we examine, define, and conduct our admissions process and promote our school to prospective students and their guardians. Working as an Admissions Director you will help establish and update our procedures and criteria, work with potential students to determine their eligibility and oversee the admissions process as we evaluate applications and issues decisions. You will also plan and oversee promotional activities and schedule or conduct tours, student interviews, and information sessions.
To succeed as an Admissions Director you should be committed to promoting your school and attracting top talent. You need to be engaging, organised and analytical with exceptional communication skills.
Admissions Director Responsibilities:
- Help colleges, universities, and other academic institutions establish, examine, alter, and explain admissions guidelines, processes and requirements.
- Assist in the admissions decision-making process as student applications are evaluated and accepted or denied.
- Provide students, parents, and guardians with information regarding admissions requirements and processes, financial aid applications, enrollment issues or other procedures.
- Engage in recruiting by planning, coordinating, and overseeing promotional events, campus tours, student interviews, and other admissions activities.
- Review and interpret student information, including test scores, extracurricular activities, and grades.
- Communicate changes, statistics, and other information to the school president, registrar and department heads.
- Direct, hire, and coach admissions staff members.
Admissions Director Requirements:
- Extensive experience in education or admissions.
- Understanding of statistics, admissions requirements and procedures, school funding, and financial aid application processes.
- Experience with specific schools may be a major plus.
- Ability to analyse and interpret information.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, networking, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in computers.
- Some sales and marketing skills may prove beneficial.
- Master’s degree in Education or related field, Doctorate may be preferred.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template