Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Animal Breeder Job Description
Animal Breeders uses knowledge of genetics and conformation to make a selection of breeding stock that will produce superior offspring.
We are hiring for an Animal Breeder who will be responsible for selecting and breeding animals according to genealogy, characteristics, and offspring. The main responsibilities of the Animal Breeder include facilitating breedings, assisting with births, and administering medications and supplements.
To succeed as an Animal Breeder, you must have knowledge of the animal breeding process, a passion for animal breeding, and knowledge of the potential risks of animal breeding. Suitable Animal Breeders should be effective communicators, have good organisational skills and be physically fit.
Animal Breeder Responsibilities:
- Adjust controls to maintain building temperatures required for animals’ health and safety.
- Attach rubber collecting sheaths to genitals of tethered bulls and stimulating animal’s organ to induce ejaculation.
- Incubate eggs until hatching.
- Inject animal semen into female animals for breeding purposes.
- Examine animals to find illnesses or injuries.
- Maintain logs of semen.
- Feed animals.
- Perform procedures on animals.
Animal Breeder Requirements:
- Training as an animal breeder.
- Knowledge of genetics.
- A calm demeanor.
- Compassion for animals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Veterinary Sciences.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template