Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Arborist Job Description
Arborists are landscapers who specialise in planting, maintaining, and removing trees or woody plants. Arborists use their physical climbing skills and knowledge of soil and tree biology to grow and maintain trees for landscaping companies, private clients or government organisations.
We are recruiting for a skilled Arborist to plant and maintain trees for our clients. As an Arborist, you will be responsible for consulting with clients on their landscaping needs, planting new trees, maintaining and pruning trees, and removing dead or unwanted trees. You may be required to monitor and maintain soil conditions, treat diseased trees, and apply pesticides.
To deliver success as an Arborist you should have in-depth knowledge of soil and tree biology, a good understanding of tree anatomy, and the physical strength to climb and cut tree limbs. Suitable Arborist maintains the health and attractiveness of a tree to meet the customer’s needs.
- Meet with clients to discuss their landscaping needs.
- Assess soil and space requirements for new trees.
- Plant new trees or woody plants.
- Identify and treat diseased trees.
- Trim tree branches and pruning trees.
- Test and maintaining soil conditions.
- Apply specialised tree fertilizers.
- Apply pesticides if necessary.
- Remove dead or unwanted trees.
- Proven work experience as an Arborist.
- Advanced knowledge of tree biology and tree anatomy.
- Knowledge of soil biology and fertilizer compositions.
- Familiarity with climbing equipment.
- Ability to operate handsaws and mechanical devices.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and at heights.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy objects.
- Good communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Botany, Biology, or Horticulture.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template