Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Area Sales Manager Job Description
Area Sales Managers generate revenue from an assigned geographical location by implementing and executing strategies to achieve sales targets. They manage and lead Field Sales teams, conduct sales territory analyses and close sales.
We are looking to recruit an Area Sales Manager to increase sales within an assigned geographical area and guide a team of Field Sales Representatives. As Area Sales Manager your responsibilities will include delivering presentations to potential and existing customers, evaluating the performance of the sales team, and preparing concise sales reports. You should also be able to develop as well as modify customer frequency plans as needed.
To succeed as an Area Sales Manager, you should be committed to driving sales and adept at managing a sales team. Ultimately, an outstanding Area Sales Manager should demonstrate exceptional analytical, problem-solving and customer service skills at all times.
Area Sales Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage, train, and provide overall guidance to the sales team of an assigned territory.
- Set reasonable sales targets to be achieved by the sales team.
- Monitor the performance of the sales team and motivate members to meet or exceed sales targets.
- Collect customer feedback and provide updates to senior management.
- Travel to potential and existing customers within an assigned sales area to present company offerings and build brand awareness.
- Utilise outbound telephone calls, email communications, and face-to-face meetings with customers to close sales.
- Develop and sustain long-term relationships with customers.
- Implement a sales management process to assist the sales team in identifying and prioritizing key customers and prospects.
Area Sales Manager Requirements:
- Proven sales experience; sector-specific sales experience is preferred.
- Proven track record of meeting sales quotas.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent management, leadership, and organisational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding negotiation and consultative sales skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Management, or related field is preferred
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?