1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Assessor Job Description
Assessors evaluate students’ submissions according to predetermined learning outcomes. Assessors may either calculate and award a final grade or decide on students’ overall competence by indicating whether they have met the stipulated course requirements.
We are recruiting for an Assessor to measure our students’ performance in various courses. As Assessor you will collect all scripts, check students’ responses against model answers, and then decide whether students have met each key learning outcome. You should then return the submissions to our offices for collection by the Moderators.
To succeed as an Assessor, you should remain updated with course content as it evolves. Exceptional Assessors will provide feedback on memorandums to improve their accuracy.
- Collect students’ submissions by stipulated dates.
- Evaluate students’ grasp of pertinent subject matter by comparing their answers to the memorandum.
- Use discretion when evaluating ambiguous responses.
- Calculate total marks for each section and then summing these to arrive at a final score.
- Check your marking to detect and amend oversights.
- Noting students’ submissions and capturing all final grades.
- Return marked scripts to agreed-upon venues for subsequent collection by our Moderators.
- Report errors and omissions that you detect in the memorandums.
- Completion of an accredited Assessors training program.
- Demonstrable experience assessing similar subject matter.
- Fair, meticulous, and swift approach to assessment.
- Exceptional record-keeping, multitasking, and dispute resolution abilities.
- Adherence to predetermined assessment-related deadlines.
- Unwavering observation of guidelines surrounding confidentiality.
- Capacity to transport and assess scripts in a safe manner.