Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Assistant Professor Job Description
Assistant Professors are employed at universities or colleges where they teach and conduct research. They assist full Professors, support, guide and supervise graduates spending time conducting investigations and studies.
We are hiring an Assistant Professor to join our excellent faculty. Our Assistant Professor’s job responsibilities will include teaching a requisite number of classes, providing guidance and supervision to graduate students, participating in departmental meetings and providing academic support to Professors and other faculty members.
To succeed as an Assistant Professor, you should thrive in a fast-paced, highly competitive environment and be able to respond to criticism maturely. Outstanding candidates are able to learn from senior staff as well as students and are constantly expanding their subject knowledge.
Assistant Professor Responsibilities:
- Assisting with various departmental duties and providing academic support to Professors.
- Recruit, train and mentor new TAs and other junior staff.
- Conduct research and publishing papers in academic journals.
- Represent the university at conferences and delivering presentations when necessary.
- Teach and supervising undergraduate and graduate students.
- Provide demonstrations and supervising experiments and investigations.
- Answer questions in class or via email or telephone.
- Provide Professors and Department Heads with feedback on student progress.
- Write proposals to secure funding for research.
- Attend faculty and departmental meetings and voicing concerns or providing suggestions for improvement.
Assistant Professor Requirements:
- Previous Teaching experience.
- Published works would be advantageous.
- Strong analytical, observational, and problem-solving skills.
- A good record of attending conferences and academic events.
- Excellent research, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- A passion for teaching and engaging with students.
- Patience, understanding, and willingness to help.
- Ph.D. in the relevant academic discipline.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?