Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Audio Video Technician Job Description
Audio Video Technicians set up and operate the video, audio, and lighting equipment used to enhance live events. They assemble microphones, mix sound boards, coordinate graphics, operate spotlights, manage video recordings, and provide technical support for corporate events.
We are actively sourcing for an Audio Video Technician to set up and operate media equipment for live events. As an Audio Video Technician, you will be responsible for organising and installing media equipment such as projectors, microphones, video monitors, and sound boards. You may also be required to alter the venue layout to enhance acoustics.
To ensure success as an Audio Video Technician, you should have advanced knowledge of audio and video equipment, experience with lighting and filming techniques, and excellent troubleshooting skills. Ultimately, a suitable Audio Video Technician should be able to create superb audio and visual effects to enhance any live experience.
Audio Video Technician Responsibilities:
- Meet with Event Coordinators to discuss audio, lighting, and video requirements.
- Alter venue arrangements according to layout diagrams.
- Lay electrical and sound cables.
- Set up and installing microphones, lights, video monitors, projectors, speakers, and video cameras.
- Conduct sound, visual, and performance quality checks on Audio Video equipment.
- Inspect mountings and electrical equipment to ensure they conform to health and safety regulations.
- Operate sound and visual equipment during live events.
- Troubleshoot equipment and ensuring events run smoothly.
- Maintain strong customer relations.
- Disassemble audio and visual equipment and packing up after the event.
Audio Video Technician Requirements:
- In-depth knowledge of sound, video, and lighting equipment.
- Familiarity with computers and IP Networking Systems.
- Advanced knowledge of modern filming and sound mixing techniques.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- High level of physical fitness and the ability to lift heavy equipment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sound Engineering or a similar field.
- Previous experience working as an Audio Video Technician.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?