Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Baker Job Description
Bakers use their knowledge of ingredients and food preparation to craft recipes and create baked goods. They measure and mix raw ingredients, bake and decorate items, and ensure that all raw and finished goods adhere to quality and food safety standards.
We are looking for a skilled, creative Baker who strives to provide excellent baked items and service in an efficient, professional manner. As a Baker you will design, execute, and improve recipes, perform quality checks on ingredients and finished products, use icing, glazes, fillings, and decorations to enhance item presentation and process orders from customers.
You may be required to greet customers, answer questions, clean workstations and equipment, and perform other duties to ensure that customer needs are satisfied and the bakery is well-stocked and operating smoothly.
To deliver as a Baker, you should be efficient and friendly with a focus on food quality and customer satisfaction. You should be organised, decisive, attentive, and possess a strong understanding of baking techniques.
- Design and improve recipes.
- Measure and combine ingredients and using mixers, blenders, heat sources, and other equipment to make baked goods, such as cookies, bread, cakes, etc.
- Decorate and display finished products.
- Test ingredients and finished goods to ensure that each item meets food safety and quality controls.
- Greet customers, answer questions, make recommendations, accept orders and payments, and provide exceptional customer service.
- Keep records relating to deliveries, inventory, and production levels.
- Take client information and ensuring that deliveries are fulfilled accurately and on time.
- Clean and restock workstations and ensuring that all equipment is sanitized and prepared for the next shift.
- Strong communication, time and resource management, and planning skills.
- Attention to detail, especially when performing quality inspections on ingredients and products.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Willingness to work independently or with other team members to solve problems, plan schedules, fulfil orders, and create amazing baked goods.
- Flexibility to work around customer demands, including early morning, night, weekend and holiday availability.
- Ability to work in hot, hectic environment, stand, walk, bend, use hands and appliances, and lift heavy items for extended periods.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template