Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Banquet Manager Job Description
Banquet Managers oversee and manage the hosting of banquets to provide customers with an excellent experience. Their duties include consulting with Head Chefs, determining the number of wait staff, and planning the layout and setup of venues.
We are recruiting for an enthusiastic and well-organised Banquet Manager to provide our customers with an excellent banquet experience. Working as a Banquet Manager, you will liaise with the Banquet the Head Chef to meet customer expectations. Your duties will include controlling the cost and quality of services, preparing the venue, and coordinating the service of meals.
To be successful working as a Banquet Manager, you should exhibit extensive experience in managing banquets and delivering services within budget. Excellent Banquet Managers ensure that customers receive a level of service that exceeds expectations.
Banquet Manager Responsibilities:
- Discussing sales contract details with the Banquet Sales Director and the Head Chef.
- Determining the number of table waiters and servers required.
- Planning the venue layout according to the number of guests and the type of event.
- Supervising the placement of tables, chairs, cutlery, plates, glasses, table linens, centerpieces, heating lamps, serving utensils, and carving stations.
- Overseeing the seating of guests, the serving of meals and beverages, and the clearing of tables.
- Managing the availability of liquor and soft drinks, when required.
- Preparing work schedules and completing documentation in a timely manner.
- Answering customers’ questions and accommodating special requests.
Banquet Manager Requirements:
- 3+ years of experience in banquet management, or similar.
- Proficiency in catering management software, such as Better Cater and Caterease.
- Exceptional ability to plan banquets, manage budgets, and meet deadlines.
- Experience in supervising banquet venue staff.
- Ability to collaborate with Banquet Sales Directors and Head Chefs.
- Extensive knowledge of catering equipment and venue requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of hospitality industry best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Accredited Certificate or Diploma in Catering, Culinary Arts, Hospitality, or similar.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality and Culinary Arts preferred.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?