Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Banquet Server Job Description
Banquet Servers are employed by a catering company or hotel to work at special functions and events. A Banquet Server is required to accommodate guests by providing food and drink.
We are looking for a polite and professional Banquet Server who will be responsible for greeting, assisting and serving guests at special functions and events. As the Banquet Server, you will help assist with event planning, preparation and clean up, serve guests, and respond to questions, complaints, and requests.
To be a successful Banquet Server, you should possess excellent customer service and communication skills. You should be professional, polite to guests, and an efficient server.
Banquet Server Responsibilities:
- Greet guests as they enter a venue and helping them to find their seats.
- See to the comfort of guests through answering questions, taking orders, conveying special instructions to the kitchen and bar, and serving food and beverages.
- Circulate the room with trays of appetizers and beverages.
- Direct guests to necessary services and features, and leading guests on tours of the location.
- Assist with event preparation, set up, and closing, including setting up and packing away tables, table cloths and place settings, and buffets.
- Support other staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Adhere to safety and quality regulations.
Banquet Server Requirements:
- Experience as a server is preferred.
- Courteous and attentive to guests.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job, staying on your feet, climbing stairs, carrying heavy-weights.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and follow instructions.
- Flexibility to work shifts, including early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?