1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Billing Clerk Job Description
We are recruiting for a detail-oriented, reliable Billing Clerk to correspond with customers regarding payments, issue invoices, and process credit memos. You will responsible for updating accounting records with issued invoices, new payments, customer information, etc. You should be able to multitask, deal with customer concerns in a professional manner and assist the accounting department with the preparation of financial reports.
To succeed as a Billing Clerk, you should have a good grasp of accounting practices and strong organisational skills. An outstanding candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills and a knack for working with numbers.
Billing Clerk Responsibilities:
- Creating and issuing invoices to customers.
- Processing credit memos.
- Preparing account statements for customers.
- Following up on outstanding payments and answering customer queries.
- Monitoring all payments and preparing monthly billing reports.
- Managing account balances and resolving inconsistencies.
- Assisting the accounting department with the preparation of financial reports.
- Updating accounting records with issued invoices, processed payments, new balances, and customer contact information.
Billing Clerk Requirements:
- Previous experience as a billing clerk or in a similar role.
- Knowledge of accounting software such as Quickbooks.
- Working knowledge of accounting standards and relevant legal regulations.
- Strong communication, organisational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent math skills.
- Strong attention to detail.