Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Business Lawyer Job Description
Business Lawyers are lawyers that focus on providing legal advice to business owners on issues that affect businesses, including taxation, business transactions and intellectual property rights. Business Lawyers may also be known as a Corporate Lawyer or Commercial Lawyer.
We are searching for a Business Lawyer to be responsible for providing legal advice on our business matters, such as contracts, labour agreements, regulatory measures, taxation and intellectual property rights. Working as a Business Lawyer your responsibilities will include researching cases, drafting contracts, developing diverse corporate procedures, managing budgets, ensuring regulatory compliance, drafting codes of conduct, litigating course cases, and facilitating corporate mergers.
To be successful you should be focused on protecting the reputation and assets of the company. You should be detail-oriented, knowledgeable, and persuasive, with excellent communication skills.
Business Lawyer Responsibilities:
- Help businesses to prevent, navigate, and resolve complex legal issues.
- Make sure relevant laws and outcomes are understood and obeyed by businesses.
- Assist and advise businesses on establishing their company’s structure, policies, objectives, and procedures for their business operations.
- Research and resolve legal disputes through the analysis of relevant laws, argument development, evidence collection, and legal representation.
- Draft, review, complete and file legal paperwork related to business operations.
- Examine and report any potential or existing legal issues to the relevant authorities.
- Negotiate contract terms, transactions, and settlements on behalf of the businesses involved.
- Ensure all business processes, strategies, and actions comply with all relevant local, state, federal, and international laws.
- Manage multiple clients, cases, and legal activities that carry varying deadlines.
Business Lawyer Requirements:
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, reasoning, and negotiation skills.
- Strong research and verbal and written communication skills.
- Good leadership, organisational, time management, and multitasking skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and time constraints to meet deadlines.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template