Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Butcher Job Description
Butchers work with wholesale sections of meat and break them down into smaller portions or custom cuts which can be sold to customers. They break down meats, design signs and displays. They also speak to customers to answer questions and manage requests.
We are searching for a trained Butcher to provide high-quality meats and services to our customers. As our Butcher you will perform quality inspections, use meat grinders, knives, saws and other tools to cut meat down into smaller portions, weigh, price, and package cuts and ensure that displays and signage are attractive and eye-catching.
You will also be required to speak to customers to determine their needs, provide advice regarding proper cuts of meat and preparation methods and coordinate pickups or deliveries.
To succeed as a Butcher, you should be courteous, knowledgeable and detail oriented. You should have excellent communication skills and a strong understanding of meat quality, cuts and preparation.
- Cut, grind and prepare meats for sale.
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment and ensuring displays and signage are accurate and attractive.
- Weigh, package, pricing, and displaying products.
- Keep records, budgets, and inventory.
- Perform quality inspections on meats and other products.
- Negotiate and confirm orders with suppliers.
- Adhere to food safety and sanitation controls.
- Greet and speak to customers, providing advice, answering questions, and accepting orders or payments.
- Coordinate deliveries or order pickups.
- Ability to use tools.
- Able to stand or walk for extending periods,
- Prepared to lift heavy items
- Can work in cold environments.
- Additional training is often required.
- Knowledge of meat preparation techniques and cuts.
- Strong communication, task management, and customer service skills.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?