Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Cabinet Maker Job Description
Cabinet Makers are able to create cabinetry from a variety of materials, including wood, laminate, and thermofoil. Cabinet Makers can also be responsible for applying decorative elements such as paint and mosaics.
We are looking for a dexterous Cabinet Maker to oversee the creation of cabinetry from start to finish. As our Cabinet Maker you will be responsible for hand-picking the most suitable materials, constructing the cabinets, and then applying appropriate finishes. You should ensure adherence to our stylistic and technical requirements at all times.
To be successful as a Cabinet Maker, you should be able to engage in physical activity for extended periods of time. Suitable Cabinet Makers will suggest additions to our catalogue and improvements to workflow, with the ultimate goal of facilitating our company’s growth.
Cabinet Maker Responsibilities:
- Select appropriate materials, fittings, and tools for each task.
- Cut resources down to size, as needed.
- Plan an effective approach to work to ensure that each project is completed on time.
- Create standard and custom components of cabinets.
- Gather the elements of each cabinet and assembling the final product.
- Apply sealant, varnish, and paint to cabinets, if required.
- Inspect each completed item to ensure that it has been constructed accurately, and that the necessary finishes have been applied.
- Repair elements of cabinets that have been sent in for servicing.
- Wear the requisite uniform and taking necessary precautions to remain safe.
- Advise on appropriate care for finished products upon request.
Cabinet Maker Requirements:
- Completion of a training program or apprenticeship will be advantageous.
- Prior experience as a Cabinet Maker, with a portfolio of completed works.
- The ability to visualise spaces to create appropriate furniture.
- Good arithmetic skills.
- Excellent teamwork and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines without sacrificing workmanship.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?