Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Cable Installer Job Description
Cable Installers are telecommunication specialists who install cables in people’s homes, offices and shops. Their job is to ensure that the cables are laid correctly and to assist with the installation of electrical equipment such as smart televisions, routers, telephones, and computers.
We are interested in recruiting an experienced Cable Installer to install and maintain cabling systems for our customers. In this role you will be required to assess the needs of the customer, lay the required cables and assist with the installation of cabled equipment. You will also be required to troubleshoot networking or equipment issues.
To succeed as a Cable Installer, you should have expert knowledge of telecommunication systems, advanced troubleshooting skills, and high-level interpersonal skills. Suitable Cable Installers will work quickly, efficiently and maintain strong customer relations.
Cable Installer Responsibilities:
- Meet with customers to discuss their cabling needs.
- Map out the area and assessing equipment requirements.
- Install cables in homes and offices.
- Identify and remove old or redundant cables.
- Troubleshoot cable and network issues.
- Assist with the setup of equipment, including televisions, routers, telephones, and computers.
- Troubleshoot cable and equipment malfunctions.
- Provide basic operating instructions.
- Complete job reports.
- Maintain stock levels at the office and in the vehicle.
Cable Installer Requirements:
- Previous experience as a Cable Technician or Cable Installer.
- Advanced knowledge of telecommunication systems and electrical equipment.
- Knowledge of electrical systems.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in cramped spaces.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template