1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Cable Technician Job Description
Cable Technicians install, repair, and maintain residential cabling for internet and television services. The jobs includes installing feeder lines that provide cable access to homes and businesses, laying ground cable, and setting up associated equipment for customers.
We are looking to recruit a Cable Technician to install, maintain and repair television and internet cable systems for residential and business clients. Working as our Cable Technician you will be responsible for installing data and voice cable systems for residential television systems, home routers, and other cabled devices. Duties will include digging and setting ground cables, working on poles, installing equipment, and troubleshooting any problems with the cable system.
To succeed as a Cable Technician, you should have a strong knowledge of electrical systems, home entertainment systems and cable technology. You will be required to work in cramped spaces, at heights and to interact with clients in a friendly and professional manner. Suitable candidates will provide efficient, high-quality services to company specifications.
Cable Technician Responsibilities:
- Install, maintain and repair cable infrastructure.
- Perform maintenance on exist cabling systems.
- Test newly installed or relocated cables according to company specifications.
- Identify and remove redundant cabling.
- Install of televisions, routers and internet technology devices.
- Troubleshoot issues with cable network.
- Install of cable support structures such as j-hooks, cable racks, and innerduct.
- Repair cable poles and towers.
- Ensure all cables are neatly tied and bundled according to safety regulations.
- Complete paperwork such as timesheets, checklists, vehicle inspection reports and service orders.
Cable Technician Requirements:
- Previous work experience as a Cable Technician.
- Strong knowledge of mathematics, science and electrical systems.
- Ability to install complex internet and television equipment.
- Ability to work in cramped spaces.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and fix any problems that may arise.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Ability to identify independent colors and learn color codes.
- Valid driver’s license.