Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
CNC Programmer Job Description
CNC Programmers operate factory machines that turn raw materials into functional objects. They are responsible for reading and interpreting design blueprints, programming the CNC machine and adjusting the machine settings until the desired specifications are met.
We are hiring a skilled CNC Programmer to operate and maintain our CNC equipment. As a CNC Programmer, you will be responsible for reading and interpreting technical blueprints, inputting the design specifications, adjusting the machine cutting paths, and performing quality checks on the final product. We will also expect you to perform routine machine maintenance and troubleshoot any issues that arise during the manufacturing process.
To excel as a CNC Programmer, you should have extensive experience working in manufacturing, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to work unsupervised. Suitable CNC Programmers works quickly and efficiently, ensuring all products meet the specifications of the client.
CNC Programmer Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret technical blueprints and design models.
- Load raw materials into the CNC machine.
- Input the product design into the computer modelling software.
- Choose and load the correct cutting tools for the job.
- Adjust machine settings to the desired product specifications.
- Troubleshoot issues during the manufacturing process.
- Complete quality control tests during the manufacturing stage and on the final product.
- Clean and maintaining the machine.
- Train new staff on machine operation procedures.
CNC Programmer Requirements:
- Previous work experience as a CNC Programmer.
- Ability to read and interpret design blueprints.
- Extensive experience with computer modeling software.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and stick to a deadline.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- Ability to work after-hours when required.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template