1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Concrete Foreman Job Description
We are recruiting for an experienced Concrete Foreman to supervise our concrete laborers and oversee all activities relating to the erection of concrete structures. The responsibilities of the Concrete Foreman include evaluating the performance of the concrete laborers, ensuring that project costs remain within budget, and investigating work-related accidents. You should also be able to manage project materials and resources as well as oversee the use of equipment and tools.
To be succeed in this role you should be able to correctly interpret blueprints, plans, and drawings. Ultimately, an exceptional Concrete Foreman should demonstrate excellent management and problem-solving skills as well as enforce compliance with safety regulations.
Concrete Foreman Responsibilities:
- Oversee all activities pertaining to concrete preparation, placement, installation, finishing, and curing.
- Divide concrete construction projects into different stages and evaluating how much labour and materials are required for each stage.
- Resolve all problems that may affect project quality and completion.
- Consult blueprints, drawings, and plans to ensure that concrete structures are accurately placed and installed.
- Delegate tasks to concrete laborers and providing overall guidance.
- Maintain accurate records of the number of hours worked and the amount of materials used for each project.
- Ensure that formwork and shoring are erected, supported, and dismantled based on engineering designs and drawings.
- Inspect concrete after the formwork and shoring have been removed and instructing concrete laborers on how to correct defects and concrete roughness.
Concrete Foreman Requirements:
- Experience working as a Concrete Foreman.
- Commercial driver’s license.
- Working knowledge of estimation software.
- The ability to interpret blueprints, drawings, and plans.
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent management and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Construction Management or Construction Science is advantageous.