1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Concrete Labourer Job Description
We are recruiting for a Concrete Labourer to be responsible for designing and building forms, pouring concrete, then spreading and smoothing it using trowels or other tools. You may also be required to apply stains to finish the concrete, adding small stones for decoration, and concluding the process by applying waterproofing and sealants.
To succeed as a Concrete Labourer, you should be up to date with the latest technology involving concrete work, possess the knowledge and skill of a specialist in the field, and maintain a high standard of work.
Concrete Labourer Responsibilities:
- Design and building forms.
- Set up the forms.
- Pour concrete.
- Use wire mesh to reinforce the concrete.
- Spread and smoot concrete.
- Mould expansion joints and edges.
- Use stains or colours to add the finishing touch.
- Add small stones or other materials for decoration.
- Apply waterproofing and sealant to protect the concrete work.
- Monitor the material to ensure it hardens to a durable finish.
Concrete Labourer Requirements:
- 3-year apprenticeship under journeymen workers.
- Ability to perform hard tasks with your hands.
- Ability to kneel, bend and lift heavy materials.
- Ability to measure accurately and read specifications.