1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Construction Coordinator Job Description
We are recruiting for an enthusiastic Construction Coordinator. To excel in this role, you need to understand that a happy team is a hardworking team. Construction coordinators can expect to work with teams of various sizes and with budgets that constantly shift and change. They should have a firm grasp of electrical, plumbing and carpentry work, excellent interpersonal communication skills, and a steadfast approach to cost management.
To succeed as a construction coordinator, you should be an optimistic, calm, perceptive problem-solver. Ideal candidates will have exceptional analytical and time-management skills, an ability to identify and utilize the different skills and talents of workers, a basic understanding of project management software and an unflinching respect for modern standard practices, rules and regulations.
Construction Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Managing the quality of work and budget costs.
- Communicate with clients, developers, architects and engineers.
- Prepare work schedules for contractors and laborers.
- Identify, develop and utilise the talent pool to maximize productivity and quality of work.
- Adhere to both budgetary and time constraints.
- Visit and inspect building sites.
- Report on progress and challenges.
- Source and employ contractors and sub-contractors.
- Learn and applying the latest relevant knowledge to the work.
Construction Coordinator Requirements:
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in construction required.
- Recognized internship beneficial.
- Strong business and communication skills.
- Voluntary certification beneficial.
- Working knowledge of project management software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, engineering, or building science is preferred.