1. Select Your Job Description
Select Your Job Description
2. Convert to a Job Advert
Convert to a Job Advert
3. Publish across our Job Boards
Publish across our job boards
Construction Inspector Job Description
We are recruiting for a Construction Inspector to inspect buildings, bridges, highways, streets, dams, water systems and sewers—including foundations, plumbing and electrical circuits—to establish structural soundness. As Construction Inspector you will inspect heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems as well. We expect you to identify environmental hazards such as deficient air and water quality. You will inspect existing structures that have been impacted by natural disasters, such as earthquakes and floods. You will be required to issue violation notices and stop work orders where necessary and liaise with stakeholders regarding remedial action.
To succeed in this role, you will apply your knowledge of engineering fundamentals and safety regulations to ensure soundness of building structures. Suitable candidates will be of unimpeachable integrity, detail-oriented and assertive.
Construction Inspector Responsibilities:
- Evaluate plans and specifications for construction projects to ensure conformance with regulations.
- Attend pre-construction meetings where necessary.
- Conduct field inspections to inspect standards of building structures and materials.
- Conduct field and laboratory tests on materials to measure compliance with regulations.
- Issue violation notices and stop work orders where structures and materials do not comply with regulations.
- Refer deviations and disagreements to city engineer for clarification.
- Maintain records of documentation.
- Conduct inspections of existing structures following natural disasters and other events that could compromise integrity of existing structures.
- Assist City staff and public with inquiries.
- Attend close-out meetings of construction projects.
Construction Inspector Requirements:
- Several years’ experience as a Construction Inspector.
- Proficient knowledge of fall protection and work zone safety.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Strong communication skills.
- Available to work shifts and over weekends.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Engineering degree or suitable alternative.