Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Cost Analyst Job Description
We are recruiting for an analytical Cost Analyst to join our finance team. As Cost Analyst you will be responsible for preparing statements and reports, overseeing audit files, attending meetings to provide financial feedback, and training employees in cost management methods.
To succeed as a Cost Analyst, you will possess an in-depth knowledge of accounting and cost-management systems, as well as basic computer software. The successful candidate will also be an excellent communicator, with superb presentation and problem-solving skills.
Cost Analyst Responsibilities:
- Recommend changes in operating procedures to improve efficiencies in payment and procurement processes.
- Offer analytical support for departmental projects.
- Coordinate with management to ensure cost forecasting reports are consistently checked.
- Monitor and document actual and estimate reports.
- Keep up to date on project budgets and project spending.
- Examine data to help with reducing cost in all operations.
- Analyse the market and identify opportunities for growth and potential risks.
- Contribute in developing yearly operation plans, budgets, and estimating new product costs, including economic analysis.
- Give suggestions for money-saving strategies.
Cost Analyst Requirements:
- 3 – 5 years’ proven experience as an analyst in supply chain or finance.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Superb communication and presentation skills.
- Aptitude to succeed in a stressful and deadline-oriented environment.
- Solid understanding of Information Systems and MS Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or relevant field.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template
- When should companies work with Flat Fee Recruitment Companies?