Once you have selected your Job Description download it and convert it to a Job Advert, please use as many as you require. If you wish to use the job description for a CV Template click through for advice and Convert to a CV
Credit Specialist Job Description
We are recruiting for a Credit Specialist to create clients’ eligibility for financial assistance. As Credit Specialist you will gather all pertinent applications and supporting documentation, review clients’ financial histories, and then proceed to decide whether to extend financial support. You should also monitor clients’ repayments in a bid to prevent them from defaulting on their loans.
To succeed as a Credit Specialist, you should possess exceptional investigative skills that are backed by sound judgment. An outstanding Credit Specialist will inform clients about ways to improve their suitability for our programs.
Credit Specialist Responsibilities:
- Receive credit and loan applications along with supplementary paperwork.
- Review documents to ensure their completion and precision.
- Conduct routine inspections to better understand clients’ financial track records.
- Perform risk analyses and using findings to inform the amount of credit extended, if applicable.
- Inform clients about the outcomes of their credit applications.
- Negotiate interest rates and payment plans that account for the potential risks identified earlier.
- Supervise the repayment of funds and contacting defaulters to tend to their accounts with urgency.
- Provide additional financial support to eligible and steadfast clients upon request.
- Compile a database of regular defaulters and reporting them to the relevant bodies, as appropriate.
- Work towards maintaining and advancing the financial status of our institution.
Credit Specialist Requirements:
- Demonstrable experience as a Credit Specialist.
- Excellent knowledge of all applicable governing regulations and bodies.
- Familiarity with sound business, borrowing, and spending practices.
- Strong research, statistical, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to negotiate credit limits and repayment options.
- Capacity to let ineligible clients down in a dignified manner.
- Willingness to institute pertinent corrective measures to procure monies owed.
- Degree in Actuarial Science, Microeconomics, Accounting, Finance, or similar.
Writing a job description?
Download our free Job Description Template to guide you through the process of creating an insightful job description. Having a detailed job description is extremely helpful to candidates when they are applying for jobs online.
Related Blog Posts
- A Case For Reinventing Job Descriptions
- Administration Job Descriptions
- Marketing Job Descriptions
- Sales Job Descriptions
- The Importance of using a job description template